Schengen visa applies to 26 countries. All of these countries are located in Europe. Let me share the entire Greece visa process from submitting all documents at the VFS office to getting interviewed at Greece Embassy New Delhi. Schengen visa applications can be accepted easily without the fear of rejection if you just keep the mentioned points in mind.
Read how to write perfect cover letter https://travelchecklistt.com/cover-letter-schengan-visa-greece/
Type of Schengen visa:
To travel to the Schengen area you have to apply for short term tourist visa which is of type A and C. This can give you single entry or multiple entry access depending on the type of visa you are applying.
List of documents required for Greece Schengen visa:
1.Application form filled through the official website. Create your account at gvcworld.eu from here and download the form. Submit the application form online and carry the same while submitting the document.
2. Cover letter– It’s the main part of your Schengen visa application. Ideally, the cover letter of your visa application must include the reason for your visit to that country. Check how to write a compelling cover letter.
3.Sponsorship Letter– You can let someone else sponsor your trip, be it your parents or spouse. Along with the visa documents just attach the sponsor’s ITRs, bank account statements, and payslips. Sponsorship letters should be written from the sponsor’s end taking responsibility for the traveler’s expenses.
4.ITRs- Attach the ITR of the last 3 years and duly sign them.
5.Company’s leave approval: This is most important for the Schengen visa application. Get a NOC on the company’s letterhead mentioning the exact dates of your leave approval. Do not forget to mention the date you will be resuming your work. Because for a Schengen visa, officials need to really sure that person will be returning back to the home country.
6.NOC from family: If you are applying for a Schengen visa for a post-marriage trip and you don’t have a marriage certificate while applying for a visa. Just attach a NOC from the girl’s family along with the wedding invitation card of both and few photographs of the engagement function.
7. Organization salary slips– Attach duly signed payslips of the current organization. Just to be safe side keep 6 month’s payslips.
8. Bank statements – Bank Statement copy is mandatory and another most important factor which decides acceptance and rejection of the Schengen visa. Since the online copy is not accepted for the Schengen visa application, get the statement copy stamped and signed from any nearest branch of your bank. As per some research, I did online, the minimum bank balance for Schengen visa is 300 euros per day.
9. Proof of civil status – Birth certificate
10.Travel insurance with a total cover of 30000 Euros for the entire trip.
11.Photograph requirement: Refer here
12. Flight and accommodation details proof
How to Apply:
Submit the Schengen visa application from the official website and get the appointment date for visiting VFS office New Delhi, as per the slot available. On the day of appointment carry all the originals documents along with photostats of all documents.
You might be also called from the Greece embassy for an interview even after submitting all docs at the VFS office. Greece officials tend to have face to face interviews if the person is the first time applying for a Schengen visa.
Time is taken for Greece Schengen visa process:
The entire visa process might take around 20 days. Usually within one week of the interview visa is received.
Schengen visa fee is 6000 INR per person for Greece which is nonrefundable. It may vary in different countries. The amount is supposed to be paid in cash. You can also subscribe to text message service for receiving application status. One can avail of Courier service for delivering visas and passports at home.
Also, you can check official website http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/greece-visa/