Cover letter is an integral part of the visa process. This is the letter that visa applicant writes to embassy where visa application documents are submitted.
What cover letter contains:
- Purpose of your travel to the country
- Travel dates
- Mention you employment detail with proper contact address.
- Mention list of all documents you will be attaching with the application.
- How you will manage your expenses
- Planned itinerary- Visa Cover letter should have clear details of your itinerary, along with the flight details and hotel where you will check-in. It would make your case stronger if you have pre-booked accommodation and flights .
Make sure to write compelling cover though its not on the list of documents required. You can modify the cover letter as per your travel purpose, be it business or tourism .
This particular cover letter which I am showing is for tourism purpose.
Visa Cover letter sample:
EMBASSY OF GREECE
Subject: Your name, Indian Passport No: ****, Schengen Visa for Tourism
I would like to apply for a Schengen visa upon my intention to travel to Greece from dates xx-xx-xxxx to yy-yy-yyyy. The main purpose of my travel is tourism and sightseeing. Seeing the great sunset from Caldera is a dream for me.
I wish to learn more about the Greek culture and specially the Greek food. (Make sure to mention reason of visiting the country). I am employed at XYZ pvt ltd . My employer has already approved my vacation from work for the duration of this trip.
Please, find the following documents to support my visa application:
- Visa application form, duly dated and signed with attached passport-size pictures
- Valid Passport – Original and a copy
- Travel Insurance, coverage of €30,000
- E-ticket reservation for my flight via IST for New Delhi – Athens – New Delhi [November 11 – November 17, 2019]
- Hotel Reservation, for our holidays in the Athens and Santorini.
- Employment and leave certificates showing approved leaves as well as the date I am expected to return to work
- ITR, Payslips, and Savings Account as proof of my income .
- If you have a sponsor, attach sponsorship letter. Also attach ITRs and payslips of the sponsor. Mention your relationship with sponsor along with reason of sponsoring. Mention any other document attaching.
Day 1 -November 11, 2019 – Arrival at Athens from New Delhi via Istanbul at 20:10 hrs.
Check in at Urban luxury studios for2, Proklou, Athina .
*** Similar way mention for all dates of your travel***
I trust that you will find everything is in order. For any questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.
Check out entire visa process for Schengen country here. http://travelchecklistt.com/schengan-visa-application-process/
Also you can check official website for any further info https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/greece-visa/